The principal of this type of absorber is to mimic free space by ‘progressive impedance’ that is, to progressively absorb the radio wave/microwave through a resistive structure having a progressive shape, this converts the electromagnetic energy to heat energy.
Block foam absorber (single doping)
The available thicknesses are:
- 25mm thick (part No GLD - block 25)
- 50mm thick (part No GLD - block 50)
- 75mm thick (part No GLD – block 75)
Block foam absorber (layered or laminated)
Block foam absorbers use graded doping, the available thicknesses are:
- 25mm thick, performance >-17dB above 5GHz (part No GLD-FL-25)
- 50mm thick, performance >-17dB above 2.5GHz (part No GLD-FL-50)
- 100mm thick, performance >17dB above 1.2GHz (part No GLD-FL-100)
Rubber absorber matting with rubber cones (for outdoor use)
Rubber absorber matting 1,2mm~10mm thickness, contact Global EMC for more information.
Other Special Absorbers products:
- Machinable bar/sheet stock
- Rubber flat sheet 1.2mm~10mm thickness.
- Walkway block absorber (for antenna measurement chambers)
- Thin layer (lossy) doped foam.
- Ultra-performance microwave absorbers that can reach -70dB return loss
- Anti back-scatter absorbers
- Chebyshev absorber layouts