A high voltage laboratory shield is a steel enclosure (Faraday cage) fully isolated from the main structure of the host building. The shield provides both a path for conductive grounding and radiated suppression. A low background noise level is very important to ensure measurement accuracy, this is achieved via the bespoke design of the earthing system for each individual project.
Used in commercial and education facilities for research and development of new products or scientific research, high voltage laboratories are used to test equipment under high voltage conditions and study high voltage phenomena.
Equipment that could be exposed to high voltages or currents is tested in order to simulate real world conditions of lightning strikes or extreme voltages. It could also be used as for partial discharge measurements, lightning protection, insulation testing and performance.
- Galvanised steel shield to all walls, floor and ceilings.
- Electrically isolated from the host building.
- Internal crane as an option.
- Bespoke dimensions to suit requirements.
- Self-supporting steel structure option.
- Floor loading to suit requirements.
- Control room.
- Shielded observation window with ballistic BR-1S protection.
- Shielded roller shutter doors and pedestrian doors.
- Built to dimensions to suit test equipment and host building size
- Pedestrian door to main room and control room. Standard size 1000 (W) x 2000 (H)
- Large roller shutter to dimensions required with brass brush. Standard size is 7000mm (W) x 5320 (H)
- Waveguides for cable entry
- Earth and Grounding systems
- Copper mesh flooring