High voltage power cables, transformers and bus-bars all generate electromagnetic fields (EMF). The greater the current in these devices the more EMF they will emit. With a higher demand for power within modern buildings, the resulting emissions are becoming larger and larger. European emission standards limit the exposure of these magnetic fields to the following levels:
- 100µT – for public exposure (example- heart pacemaker protection)
- 3.75µT – for EMC equipment limits
- 0.4µT – for permanent occupancy or long-term exposure
Armadillo is a specially developed shielded trunking/containment for high current LV & HV feeder cables to attenuate these harmful fields to acceptable levels.
Armadillo is made from very high magnetic permeability material Iron+ ® and is very effective at power frequencies (50/60Hz) shielding.
This product has a shrouded joint mechanism in every length so that there are no loose couplers.
- Standard shield wall thickness is 4mm but 6mm is an option for extreme requirements.
- Standard lengths are 2000mm (nominal) but special lengths can be made to suit site requirements.
- This shielded containment system can be used in the horizontal but also in vertical risers.
- Bracketry will be provided by Global EMC as a part of the design.
- Vents can be installed into the containment to help negate heat build-up and re-rating of cables.
- The cross-sectional size can be standard or special manufacture.
The Armadillo cable containment forms a good heat sink and has good thermal conductivity, if the M&E designer has concerns about cable ratings we can manufacture employing a hole matrix to make the Armadillo system air/heat permeable.
Armadillo shielded containment system for linear and riser cable EMI solutions (before coating)
Standard Armadillo cross-sectional sizes for cable runs and riser cable EMI shielding, other sizes are available. Global EMC offer a design and consultation service so the correct system for your requirements can be specified.
Armadillo can be offered as a supply only or include installation by one of our specialised installation teams. Please contact our sales team for assistance.