Global EMC’s MIL-STD-461 test facility has been specifically designed for the varied and heavy duty testing required by the military. The chamber is constructed using a self-standing steel structure and modular steel shield. Specially designed for MIL-STD-461, Global EMC use a compact and cost effective anechoic pyramidal absorber, bespoke to this standard. This increases the internal space within the chamber and helps reduce the overall cost. Due to the varied requirements of the equipment to be tested, all MIL-STD-461/DO-160 chambers are designed and manufactured to exact requirements.
Testing facility for performing compliant tests to MIL-STD-461 and DO-160. The chamber can be designed to test small electronic equipment to very large military vehicles. Communication and electrical equipment, armaments, aircraft equipment and vehicles are all examples of what can be tested.
The chamber can also be adapted to meet the requirements of DEF STAN 59-411 upon request.
- Anechoic performance to MIL-STD-461. -6dB at 80 MHz and greater than -10dB at 250 MHz.
- Shield effectiveness to EN 50147-1.
- Designed and manufactured to the highest standards in Great Britain.
- Bespoke solution upon request. Test facility can be configured to your exact requirements.
- Industry leading low maintenance shielded door with copper beryllium knife edge seals.
- Penetration and static ventilation panels all as standard.
- MIL-STD-461 pyramidal absorbers. (Absorber coverage as far as physically possible).
- Specialist filters are available.
- Designs created in Solidworks and AutoCAD to ensure ideal configuration and coordination.
Typical MIL-STD-461 Test Facility
- External dimensions To customer requirements*
- Steel structure Self-supporting structure to industry standards
- Shield Modular 2mm steel "pan" shield
- Shielded single door (clear opening) 1000mm (W) x 2000mm (H)*
- Penetration panel connectors 2 x Precision N type, & 2 x Fibre
- Honeycomb vents 4 x 300mm (W) x 300mm (H) (static air)
- Warranty 1 year
Mast, Fire detection, Vehicle Sliding Doorss, Air conditioning (HVAC), CCTV, Test benches, Vehicle fume extraction, White caps to absorbers, Lighting, Power, Turntable, Heavy floor loadings, DC Sockets, Filters & Audio communication.
*All dimensions can be altered upon request (subject to compatibility).
- (RTCA) DO-160 Aerospace
- DEF STAN 59-411 (upon request)