Global EMC’s 3m compliant FAC (fully anechoic chamber) also referred to as a FAR (fully anechoic room) is a shielded enclosure with anechoic material located on all walls, ceiling and floor coverage. The facility has a measuring distance of 3m and is designed for both compliant emission and compliant immunity testing. The self-standing steel structure and modular steel shield enables a fast and efficient construction process. A combination of high performance GF 102 ferrite tiles and pyramidal Hybrid Absorbers are used to create optimum performance. The chamber is available as two standard sizes - FAC-3m-C or FAC-3m-C-L for larger EUT’s. Both chambers are configurable to your exact requirements and dimensions upon request.
The fully anechoic chamber is now recognised in CISPR 16-1-4. The main advantages of a FAC is the anechoic material on the floor creates a free-space condition. This means that fixed height measurements can be used and no anechoic change between emissions and immunity testing. This reduces the time taken to perform emission testing and also means that a chamber with a lower ceiling height can be installed. This reduces the capital expenditure costs of purchasing a FAC test facility compared to the equivalent Semi Anechoic chamber. In addition to this, the chamber will be smaller in height than the equivalent SAC and therefore can be located in a host building with a lower ceiling height.
- Radiated immunity – Compliant to IEC/EN 61000-4-3 80 MHz to 6 GHz (18 GHz optional).
- Radiated emissions - Compliant to CISPR 16-1-4 frequency range of 30 MHz to 6 GHz (18 GHz optional).
- Shield effectiveness to EN 50147-1.
- Designed and manufactured to the highest standards in Great Britain.
- Bespoke solution upon request. Test facility can be configured to your exact requirements.
- 3m measuring distance.
- Industry leading low maintenance shielded door with copper beryllium knife edge seals.
- Lighting, power filter, penetration and static ventilation panels all as standard.
- Latest technology high performance GF 102 ferrite tiles to all walls, ceiling and floor.
- Moulded polystyrene pyramidal Hybrid Absorbers to all walls, ceiling and floor covering. (Absorber coverage as far as physically possible).
- Designs created in Solidworks® and AutoCAD to ensure ideal configuration and coordination.
Typical FAC-3m-C Test facility
- External dimensions FAC-3m-C 8m (L) x 4.2m (W) x 4.2m (H)*
- External dimensions FAC-3m-C-L 9m (L) x 5m (W) x 5m (H)*
- Steel structure Self-supporting structure to industry standards
- Shield Modular 2mm steel "pan" shield
- Shielded pedestrian door (clear opening) 1000mm (W) x 2000mm (H)*
- Floor loading (standard) 500kg/m²
- Turntable incl. Controller 1.2m (300kg) to 1.5m (500kg)
- Filters 1 x 32A 230V Single phase (2 line)
- Penetration panel connectors 2 x Precision N type, & 2 x Fibre
- Honeycomb vents 2 x 300mm (W) x 300mm (H) (static air)
- Access Ramp Optional
- Lighting 4 x LED Lighting
- 1 x Emergency light
- Power distribution 4 x 230V AC DSSO Sockets
Additional shielded room for Control/Amplifiers, CCTV, Sliding Doors, automated door control, Mast, Fire detection, raised floor, HVAC, large honeycomb vents, white end caps for absorbers, additional power filters & data filters.
*All dimensions and quantities can be altered upon request (subject to compatibility).
- Deviation to CISPR 16-1-4 NSA less than +/-4dB from 30 MHz to 1 GHz.
- Deviation to CISPR 16-1-4 SVSWR within 0-6dB at 1 GHz to 18 GHz.
- Compliant immunity testing in accordance with IEC/EN61000-4-3 at 80 MHz to 6 GHz (18 GHz optional).
- CISPR 16-1-4
- CISPR 32
- Compliant to CISPR 11
- RTCA DO160
- DEF STAN 59-411
- EN 50147-1