EMC Anechoic Test Chambers
- EMC anechoic test chambers are normally shielded faraday cages with anechoic (anti-echo) lining so as to prevent reflections.
- An unlined (non-anechoic) chamber will have very poor measurement accuracy due to the internal reflections from the radiated radio wave/microwave energies causing resonances. Any EMC measurements in such a chamber would have no validity.
- Anechoic linings inhibit the internal reflects so that only the direct equipment emissions (for emissions test) and transmitting antenna (for immunity) are measures without internal chamber reflection distortion.
- A compliant EMC anechoic test chamber often exceeds vehicle test requirements, military test requirements radio test standards so, with a compliant EMC test facility come a great capability for many test disciplines.
- All radiated test standards refer to CISPR16-1-4 as the definitive measurement environment, unless the standards demand a lesser measurement accuracy - examples: some military and vehicle standards. In this case a CISPR16-1-4 chamber is above the required minimum standard of performance.
Global EMC offer:
- Great experience in EMC test chamber product with many installations in many countries around the world.
- Global EMC test chambers easily meet the most exacting test standards.
- A full turnkey system with turntable/mast/controller, rolling road, fire detection/fire suppression, large sliding/swinging doors with ramps and any other facilities which may be requested.
- Full independent shield/measurement accuracy calibration to national standards.
- Industrial EMC products
- Vehicle and vehicle component testing
- Emergency services (TETRA)
Below is a table of CISPR16-1-4 capabilities referenced to other test standards.